How To Hang A Guitar On The Wall With A DIY Holder?
If you own a guitar, then you would obviously love to display it. The ways of which you show the guitar tell everything about your love towards it. You will find many ways on how to hang a guitar on the wall.
I have seen some of my friends creatively displaying guitars on their walls like a priced possession. Some of them store it in the original case whereas some prefer to lean on their couches. I also have seen people using command strips for hanging guitars which I do not personally recommend. They might be brilliant for calendars but not for your guitars, even physics says so. Even the strongest command strips can hold 7lbs, and your guitar is surely more than that.
If you are looking for alternate ways on how to hang a guitar on the wall without buying a holder from the store, then this would help you. You can either purchase a guitar hanger or make one yourself. Buying a holder from the store will cost you and at the meantime if you can make one by yourself that will be less expensive. So think rationally here. If you have the skill to make a holder by yourself, you can apply your creative skill and blend the designer elements.
What You Need For This Tutorial?
- Wooden piece: You can also use any scrap closet rod and shape it according to your requirement. If you are using a closet rod, make sure that you choose the one with a flat side.
- Hollow wall hooks: A few according to your requirement
- Super tool hanger: When you are buying, tool hooks make sure that they are of high quality. If they made of cheap plastic, it could melt of the coating in your guitar. The last thing you want to do is to spoil its beauty while trying to display them. When you buy the hook, you need to make sure that it suits your wall type. You cannot use a concrete wall on drywall. First, you have to find out your wall type and buy an appropriate one.
Step By Step Instructions On How To Hang A Guitar On The Wall
1. Prep The Wood
You can cut the closet rod scrap or wooden piece into the appropriate size. A size of 4’’ or 5’’ is recommended. You can drill three holes in the wooden scrape. Two holes are for the end of screws to fit in and one hole for to screw the super tool. After prepping the wood, you can stain it to make it more attractive. Use any color of your choice and wait until it dries.
2. Figure Out The Height
Find out the exact point where you want to hang the guitar. Mark the place and drill a hole. You can also mark the area with a marker so that you can set the wood upright without making an angle. If you have children at home, you can increase the height on which you hang your guitar. It will help to keep it out of their reach that would be the best thing you can do to your acoustic.
Place the wall anchors on the marked area and drill them into the wall. After that screw it properly so that they are attached to the wall. When you screw it thought the closet rod or wood, it will catch. Then you have to put everything together. You also need to make sure that the wood is at the correct level. Ensure that the bracket is secure to ensure it can hold the weight of the guitar.
You can read more: How To Get Better At Guitar?
I hope you enjoyed the post on how to hang a guitar on the wall as much as I did writing it for you guys. You can use a long wooden piece or closet rod if you have many guitars at your home. You just have to buy some extra tool hangers and hollow anchors to hold it up.
If you see your guitar as a prized possession, then you definitely want to display it in a noble way. But you don't have to spend a fortune while trying to do make it more presentable. Use this method to display your guitars like an art piece and never look back. You can share your doubts or questions if any. After transferring your acoustics from couch to wall without much effort, do share your comments and thoughts with us.
Latest posts by Samuel T.Cummins (see all)
- Boss RC1 Vs RC3 : Which Is Better – Boss RC1 Or Boss RC3? - October 17, 2016
- How Much Does A Trumpet Cost? - September 22, 2016
- How To Play A Song On The Guitar In 8 Simple Steps? - September 4, 2016