When we talk about the tuners, Boss TU2 vs TU3 have mostly been on top in the competition. The Boss Tuner range has set impeccable standards by providing quality features and best outputs to their users.
For this article, we will be looking at Boss TU 2 vs TU 3 and dig which is better for you!
Boss TU-2 Review
Boss TU2 Chromatic Pedal Tuner is very known and popular with an extraordinary stompbox design.
The arrival of this tuner enabled the guitarists and the bassists to tune both their instruments together perfectly with just a single pluck of the strings.
This was the very first time that a tuner performed this function with such accuracy.
Features of Boss TU-2 Pedal Tuner:
- All new stream meter which displays tuning differences through LED directions and speed.
- 11 LED indicators
- LED display of 7 segments which shows the note names and string too.
- Stompbox Design
- Mute/Bypass options are available for silent tuning.
- Seven tuning modes, namely: Chromatic, Guitar: Flat, Regular, Double Flat, Bass: Regular, Flat, Double Flat.
- Memory storage for tuning modes and display styles.
- Reference pitch can be adjusted from 438Hz to 445Hz
- To preserve battery, a switch operable by foot is available that can turn off the LED
Boss TU2 has been a standard tuner for years in the music industry. Its appreciable functions have gained such popularity amongst the musicians over time.
After knowing the details of the Boss TU2, following mentioned are a few pros and cons of the Tuner:
- Mute/Bypass select for silent tuning with a single stomp
- 11-point LED indicators and new Stream meter display tuning discrepancy via speed and direction of LEDs (speed of LED movement gets slower as pitch becomes more accurate)
Last update on 2021-10-23 at 18:30 UTC - 4/ Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Boss TU-3 Review
After an amazing performance by Boss TU2 for years, an updated version of the tuner with a few extra and upgraded features was announced as TU3.
The new tuner consists of a LED stream meter of 21-segment. The screen has a high-brightness mode which allows the user to read the screen easily during daylight as well.
TU3 also consisted of a Note Name indicator which can enable the user to see the notes of six strings basses and seven strings guitars.
Features of Boss TU-3:
- Adjustable brightness mode for better outdoor visibility.
- Stompbox-style structured.
- An Accu-pitch sign function appears on the screen when tuning is completed.
- 21-Segment LED meter
- Guitar/Bass and Chromatic mode
- Easy tuning using the string numbers as it supports 7-string guitars and 6-string basses
- On the guitar flat mode, flat tuning allows up to six semitones down the standard pitch tune drop.
- +/- one cent accuracy
- Automatic mute option
- Can supply power to almost 7 Boss compact effect pedals
Since every product has a good side as well as a bad side, it is necessary to know both aspects to be able to make a fair judgment.
Thus, a few pros and cons of Boss TU3 are mentioned below.
- PROVIDES A MORE IMPROVED ACCURACY - The TU-3 Chromatic Tuner Pedal features a tuning accuracy of +/-1 cent. Plus, the Accu-Pitch Sign offers a visual verification when the tuning is complete.
- MAKES TUNING EASIER FOR YOU - Use the Chromatic Mode for standard automatic tuning or Guitar/Bass Mode for tuning by string number. The pedal also supports 7-string guitars and 6-string basses.
Last update on 2021-10-23 at 22:02 UTC - 4/ Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Boss TU-3 thus adds up to the existing features of TU-2 to make it better and advanced.
The additional features include 21-segment LED, a high-brightness mode for daylight, swiftness, and power channeling.
Thus, when it comes to Boss TU-2 vs TU-3, clearly, TU-3 wins the match!
For years, Boss tuners have been on a “must have” list of the musicians because of their high technology and accuracy along with the extraordinary features at such affordable prices.
Boss TU-2 has undoubtedly been the star for almost a decade, but what matters is that TU3 has tried covering up all the flaws of TU2 and thus has become a better as well as an updated version of the former tuner.
So I’d personally go with Boss TU-3.
How about you?
Feel free to leave a comment below and I will get back to you as soon as I can!